Sunday, October 05, 2008

On facebook...

It's fascinating how, by locating just one friend who I had not contacted for the last four years on facebook, can lead to a reunion with many others (also on facebook). This is really a darn powerful e-social networking tool. But I suppose we have to be cognisant that this is all virtual; there's no way the hugs, kisses and even slaps can replace reality. I guess it's up to the individual to really follow up on what facebook can offer. Do you want to just shout "happy birthday!" on facebook to your peers whom you have not met for 3 years, or would it be more 'human' if you'd met up and enjoyed a face to face conversation together; perhaps reliving the good'old times? Or would the next time you meet your friends be during a wedding, and subsequently during a funeral? This sounds all so morbid, but unless you take leave from you laptop occasionally, this could be a reality.

Friends, it's time to meet up =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home