On Singapore Youngsters: Part II
After ranting so much on Tuesday, I went on a crusade to prove myself wrong. I'd so wanted to believe that most Singapore youngsters are not what was made out to be. I had a couple of pleasant surprises today.
1.) I'd received a collection of reflections of my platoon's NSF, recollecting their experience of participating in NDP 08, Guard Of Honour Contingent. I'll just quote a couple of them here:
"... I truly felt how it is to be a Singpaorean. 43 years of independence had not come by easy, with the many tumultuous periods in hour history. When the National Anthem was played, and as I sang it with pride and gusto, I realised how important I was to the Nation's prosperity. With my loved ones depending on me to guard the sovereignty of Singapore, I discovered the importance of National Service, and a deterrent Armed Force... "
"... I thank the parade for teaching us the values, skills and discipline to make the parade successful. It was the parade that taught me to continue fighting on and uphold my professionalism at times when the sun is burning hot. I learnt to sing my National Anthem from my heart, portraying my loyalty to my country. I treasured the care we received from the trainers, and the ethics we uphold..."
I'm really, really proud of my guys, and the commanders in my platoon who had groomed this bunch of mature Singaporeans.
2.) I had a word with Ken before I ended my work this week. I'm glad that I'm wrong in stating that most youngsters his age are ignorant of the hard work that allowed them to enjoy the bliss they are in now.
1.) I'd received a collection of reflections of my platoon's NSF, recollecting their experience of participating in NDP 08, Guard Of Honour Contingent. I'll just quote a couple of them here:
"... I truly felt how it is to be a Singpaorean. 43 years of independence had not come by easy, with the many tumultuous periods in hour history. When the National Anthem was played, and as I sang it with pride and gusto, I realised how important I was to the Nation's prosperity. With my loved ones depending on me to guard the sovereignty of Singapore, I discovered the importance of National Service, and a deterrent Armed Force... "
"... I thank the parade for teaching us the values, skills and discipline to make the parade successful. It was the parade that taught me to continue fighting on and uphold my professionalism at times when the sun is burning hot. I learnt to sing my National Anthem from my heart, portraying my loyalty to my country. I treasured the care we received from the trainers, and the ethics we uphold..."
I'm really, really proud of my guys, and the commanders in my platoon who had groomed this bunch of mature Singaporeans.
2.) I had a word with Ken before I ended my work this week. I'm glad that I'm wrong in stating that most youngsters his age are ignorant of the hard work that allowed them to enjoy the bliss they are in now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home