Thursday, May 24, 2007

Meetup with EXCO

Same old people, but everyone seemed older. It used to be loads of fun, crap and nonsense, and it is totally replaced by grown-ups talk. Of work, marriage, HDB and cost of living. Are we really so straddled with these issues now that we have left school?

I've had a meetup with my old Singapore Soc Exco - Velma, Peida, Jon, Doris, Qiqi and Ken. Had dinner at this great place (with even greater prices) at Bukit Timah. I didn't know Ken was back from US, until I saw him strolling along the road while I was searching for the carpark.

But yep, like I've mentioned, the things we talked about were totally different. It's kind of like a necessity now that we are, mid-twenties, but this situation seemed kinda far a year ago. Now it's a reality.

~~~~

I am currently buzzed up with Workplan. Slides and speeches are taking up most of my time. I remember this conversation I had with CO and Comd ADG earlier this month, where I was encouraged to spend more time with my platoon and do some ground work. I had been saying this again and again - that I wish I had the time Alvin enjoys to work with his platoon.

Of course, NDP's rehearsals are intensifying. Now, my entire Saturday is occupied by rehearsals and sequence runs. Weekdays are spent conducting trials at the floating platform. Other free time would be spent preparing and conducting discussions for these rehearsals. *pant*

And to round things up, preparations for our live firing, and my project are entering their final phases. I would expect a full schedule for the next couple of months before I leave for my next posting.

Quoating from eewen here,*Hello Panda*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home