Monday, March 06, 2006

Credits where credits' due

Let's start with the happier part of this post: IC Floorball team


Well done to all IC floorballers! (Changyong, Charlene, Chongwai, Clement, Eunice, Han Yan, Hockboon, Kailun, Klement, Matthew, Joseph, Sebastian, Wilson, Yoke Peng) Despite all the aggression and the murderous intents of the UCL and King's floorball team, we managed to shrug off all attempts at homicides and showed the crowd some real floorball, and emerged once again, as the champions of London! Well done people.


Now, well done to my lights and sound crew for PIE and Spoilt too! (Justin, Liling, Gerard, Winnie, Fidel, Weiying, Changyong, and my two stage managers Laraine and Shujun). Perhaps because I learnt productions and theatre functionings from 黄城, where without lights, sounds and props, the production would be simply a failure, even if we have a cast full of professionals. Despite the hard work put in by the crew, and the longer hours they spent at the theatre slogging, physically preparing props, mounting lights, enduring the multiple last minute changes demanded by the directors and producers, they were simply, forgotten. That's something I cannot accept based on 黄城 standard.


Jiaying: What I meant was that we recognise the efforts that our backstage crew put in. Imagine if you and Boon didn't have Gerald, Meiting, Gabriel and company. But somehow I was given the feeling that in this production, success belonged to the cast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home