Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Joseph, you're 24!

First of all, kudos to Hui Min. This post is dedicated firstly to my dear girl. My planner-in-chief for my birthday. God knows the amount of hard work she went through to make both eve and birthday special for me. The eve's shopping and surprise, my new jacket, the steamboat in the evening, the fantastic chocolate cake from Valerie's, the touristing on my birthday itself, a fantastic dinner at Chez Gerards', a more special cake than Valeries' (because its from your own oven!), and a gift and card which took you so much effort. Thanks so much my dear!

So what actually happened was that there was a collaboration with my housemates, and the initial plan was to have a bbq at my place (and I kinda suspected because Edwin decided to ask me whether Sains sell charcoal out of the blue.. haha) And Sains doesn't sell charcoal, so the scale gotta be cut down and we ended up with a steamboat. Hui Min took me out for a shopping trip in the day, and delayed me outside while my housemates prepared for the steamboat and the guests arrived.


And there we are, the happy bunch of us enjoying steamboat. Thanks to my housemates: Bingrong, Chongwai, Edwin, Melvin, Vivian, Weilun for accomodating the guests at our place, for the card and your well wishes, for my Liverpool CL jumper and for being there for me when I needed some fun at home!

Thank you Eewen, Enxin, Kaileng for making your way to my place despite the cold, for the hotel chocs, for being such fantastic juniors over the last 3 years.

Thank you Changyong and Meixin for the tortoise / massager thing from Spain and for being great companions on the trip to Portugal. Happy Birthday to you Meixin too!


And Kailun, Lester, Sebas, Zhifeng for cycling / making your way here despite the cold. Hammersmith ain't far, and I know a couple of u are Sweden bound the following morning. Thanks so much!

And thanks to Peiwen, Kwan Eng, Gerald, Yongcong, Shilie, Peida, Velma, Eiksheng, Doris, Kenneth, Joyceline, Eugene and anyone else I missed out (sorry!) for your well wishes!


Ok so the next day we all woke late, simply because we slept late. Most of the tube services were not really functioning, but we managed to make our way to the Imperial War Museum.


And as a 35mm ADA Gun Officer, I must learn to respect the predecessors of my current weapon. (Ok I am crapping), so here I am posing with a 25mm AA Gun used during WWII.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home