Monday, October 03, 2005

Finally settled in

Yah I know this came a little late, given that I have been back since the 22nd Sept. The load of administrative stuff took up a lot of my time. And the internet at home is not even properly up yet. I am the only one at home who manage to log on. Maybe Force 9 likes me haa..



The first day I touched down was spent house hunting with Hui Min. It didn't take long. I was initially expected a long drawn process of bargaining and walking before I could finally get her settled in, but by 4, things were more or less settled, and I am glad that she is more or less settled in too.

Then comes the lugguages and storage. Bingrong got back a day after me, and we rented a car the following week, and thus began the massive work in moving mine, and his boxes home. We also had to help Hui Min move hers to our place for the time being, because her very good friend kindly informed her that his place was full and the occupants had a hard time maneuvering about the storage. (Did he think about where the boxes would go since she didn't have a place of her own yet?) If Ziming could live with 90% of his room covered with boxes, I don't see why this guy cannot.

Oriental City. This was my first visit there. Bought loads of groceries. It must have been quite a site to the Ang Mos to see Chinese buying boxes of instant noodles (msg hair killers) and hundreds of kilos of rice. Yah to keep the story short, we were all damn tired at the end of the day.

The rest of the week were filled with uneventful, but necessary administrative stuff. Shall not attempt to bore you with them.



The last weekend that just passed was spent moving for hm and helping her to move in. Now, we officially wait for the final year of school to start. Year group meeting going to start in a couple of moments. Take care all. Ciao~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home