Sojourn!
Lex: no thank god I did not have to extract that molar. It turned out to be a pretty bad infection not caused by the tooth. It eventually went away after I completed my prescription of anti-biotics.
~~~
Sojourn came and went!
Initially, I was a little hesitant about participating in this year's Sojourn as an OGL. Will I be able to let the enthusiasm which I used to have flow through me once again this year. After all, I'm Year 4! My God... I could remember Anliang as one of the enthu year 4 seniors who was present during my Sojourn as a fresher. There seems to be some kind of gap between us even though he's only a couple of years older as he was on PSC scholarship. This time, the gap between me and the new bunch is :- 5 years!
Turned out that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Didn't exactly submerge myself into the crazy and frenzy of the games as I used to be able to, partially because of the generation gap and partially because I've quite exhausted myself the days prior to the camp.
Anyway these are what we have been doing the past few days. Ice breakers came first, with quite a few absurd games that the fantastic gamemasters managed to come up with, for example, trying to squeeze your heads under this line. No problems for those at the higher end, but for those big heads (may it be an excess of brains or ego) trying to squeeze under that on the lower end, it was quite an interesting sight.
And we also have Dog and bone with a vicious (or rather, slippery) twist to it. The tarpuline was generously doused with loads and loads of soapy water, and the bone is, of course, soap. When the guys' numbers were called, it wasn't hard to imagine the result: Taupok! Coincidentally, Edwin excused himself from the game. Dun think that we dunno that you didn't play. We have long memories, and it'll carry to London.
As for the gals, Cat Fight~
The photograph of day 1's OG taken prior to the freshers being torn apart into different groups to commence the Island Hunt.
The first part of the Island Hunt brought us to Esplande - Colors of the Bay, followed by the dreaded Padang, Fulleton Hotel, Suntec Carrefour and then the National Library. We were so tired by then that we cabbed to the next destination, Istana Park, where the poor gamemasters Edwin and Melvin had been generously feeding the mossies at the Park and illegally disobeying the government's campaign to rid dengue fever by providing themselves as a vital food source.
Following Istana Park, the more interesting (downtown) hunt begins. We proceeded to Orchard MRT, where we were supposed to amuse the commuters exiting the station by treating them all kinds of silly antics before we can continue. I suppose this is the first time that the Kallang wave appeared within Orchard MRT itself.
Next stop brought us to Taka Harrods (I didn't even know there's a Harrods in Singapore.) To demonstrate how slack my group is as compared to the rest of the OGs, we paused long enough to take a photo with the friendly shop owner of Harrods. It kinda sticks out amongst all of us, so its pretty hard to miss.
After that was HMV, where we took part in some crazy Air Guitar Competition organised by 98.7 where a bunch of us strummed, shaked and rocked to tunes on a strapless guitar that had a couple of string missing. I guess at that point of time most of the spectators believed that either Imperial students were enthusias or we too, had a couple of strings and nuts missing in our brain like the guitar we carry.
Final stop: Harbourfront, before we finally headed back to Sentosa for a deserved rest and dinner. Shag..
TBC
~~~
Sojourn came and went!
Initially, I was a little hesitant about participating in this year's Sojourn as an OGL. Will I be able to let the enthusiasm which I used to have flow through me once again this year. After all, I'm Year 4! My God... I could remember Anliang as one of the enthu year 4 seniors who was present during my Sojourn as a fresher. There seems to be some kind of gap between us even though he's only a couple of years older as he was on PSC scholarship. This time, the gap between me and the new bunch is :- 5 years!
Turned out that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Didn't exactly submerge myself into the crazy and frenzy of the games as I used to be able to, partially because of the generation gap and partially because I've quite exhausted myself the days prior to the camp.
Anyway these are what we have been doing the past few days. Ice breakers came first, with quite a few absurd games that the fantastic gamemasters managed to come up with, for example, trying to squeeze your heads under this line. No problems for those at the higher end, but for those big heads (may it be an excess of brains or ego) trying to squeeze under that on the lower end, it was quite an interesting sight.
And we also have Dog and bone with a vicious (or rather, slippery) twist to it. The tarpuline was generously doused with loads and loads of soapy water, and the bone is, of course, soap. When the guys' numbers were called, it wasn't hard to imagine the result: Taupok! Coincidentally, Edwin excused himself from the game. Dun think that we dunno that you didn't play. We have long memories, and it'll carry to London.
As for the gals, Cat Fight~
The photograph of day 1's OG taken prior to the freshers being torn apart into different groups to commence the Island Hunt.
The first part of the Island Hunt brought us to Esplande - Colors of the Bay, followed by the dreaded Padang, Fulleton Hotel, Suntec Carrefour and then the National Library. We were so tired by then that we cabbed to the next destination, Istana Park, where the poor gamemasters Edwin and Melvin had been generously feeding the mossies at the Park and illegally disobeying the government's campaign to rid dengue fever by providing themselves as a vital food source.
Following Istana Park, the more interesting (downtown) hunt begins. We proceeded to Orchard MRT, where we were supposed to amuse the commuters exiting the station by treating them all kinds of silly antics before we can continue. I suppose this is the first time that the Kallang wave appeared within Orchard MRT itself.
Next stop brought us to Taka Harrods (I didn't even know there's a Harrods in Singapore.) To demonstrate how slack my group is as compared to the rest of the OGs, we paused long enough to take a photo with the friendly shop owner of Harrods. It kinda sticks out amongst all of us, so its pretty hard to miss.
After that was HMV, where we took part in some crazy Air Guitar Competition organised by 98.7 where a bunch of us strummed, shaked and rocked to tunes on a strapless guitar that had a couple of string missing. I guess at that point of time most of the spectators believed that either Imperial students were enthusias or we too, had a couple of strings and nuts missing in our brain like the guitar we carry.
Final stop: Harbourfront, before we finally headed back to Sentosa for a deserved rest and dinner. Shag..
TBC







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home