Monday, August 15, 2005

Pace of my life is slowing down

Have not been this relaxed for quite a while.. The pace of my life have slowed down considerably since the end of NDP last Tuesday. Here's a bit of update on what happened since then..

Wednesday & Thursday: Bedridden, except for the hours I spent at the dentist and Hui Min's place. My god, I didn't realise that a knock on my cheek could cause me so much pain. Here's the story: I got a sharp knock on my cheek, and since its wasn't badly hurt, I didn't think much about about it.. Until the last molar start to hurt, and the gums start swelling. A fever followed, and yah, I spent the next couple of days in bed. Ok at least it recovered well enough for me to abandon my fluid diet by Friday.

Friday, back to work, and off to the movies in the evening. Watched Bewitched with Hm in the evening. Even though the reviews didn't make it out to be a really must watch, but Nicole Kidman's performance and that this is a remake of the popular TV series made it quite a value for the 9.50 spent on it.

Saturday: Sentosa recce and games trials for Sojourn this coming weekend. This is going to be my 4th, and last Sojourn I guess. I really dun know how I would feel after this particular one ends. I hate changes. Yah, but that's not the point for the time being. Also recce-ed the jungle trail route for the night walk. Gosh.. the night for the night walk coincides with the 15th of the Lunar month. That by itself is enough spooks without us needing to tell any ghost stories. Anyway we were feeding mossies as we walked the trail, and discovered (actually I have seen them many times before) real big ants with jaws bigger than their body. I wonder how it feel to be bitten by come of them.

Sunday: As usual, there isn't a first half of the day, as it was spent in dreamland. Woke up, did a bit of research for my paper, and went out to meet hm. The original intention was to go to the Carnival at Marina, since its the last day. Plans were changed though and went to Marina Center for a walkaround, Sushi followed by fireworks. Disappointing. I should have stuck to my original intention and brought her to Marina for the fireworks. In the end part of our view was blocked and I only offered her a partial display of what promised to be a great display.

Anyway looking ahead, have decided to do things that interest me rather than to follow the advises of my seniors, since there is really a huge difference in our studying style =P The tentative choice which I selected:

Digital Image Processing
Digital Signal Processing and Digital Filters
Spectral estimation and Adaptive Signal processing
Speech Processing
Linear Optimal Control
Graphics
Entreprenuership
Innovation Management
Finance Management

Sounds Cheem, don't they?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm also taking entrepreneurship and finance management!

you didn't have to take out that molar, did you?

10:30 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home