Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a fear of long words, in case you were wondering.

I had quite enough of studying, and was contemplating what in my life am I afraid of, and I even bothered googling for some answers. The list turned out to be quite extensive, although I could only identify three that describes me. Here goes:

Ankylophobia - Fear of immobility of joints
Hellenologophobia - Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology
Mnemophobia- Fear of memories

Perhaps the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. We will have to face our fears. Permit it to pass over and through you. When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only a stronger you will remain. Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it.

~~~~~

我和你相遇爱情海这北斗星的爱

1 Comments:

Blogger viv said...

hmmm.

is there realli such a word?????????? hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia??? i tot u were saying hippopotamus... =P

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home