Friendship, love and disappointment
Friendship, love and disappointment leads us to adulthood, no doubt about that. It's hard to get through my past 23 years without the company of the innumerable friends I have made, without loving and receiving love in return, and suffering proportional times of disappointments as a result. Do they make you stronger, or does it languish your defensive shield everytime it happens?
It is in individual friendships that we find support and security, negotiate our emotional independence, exchange information, put beliefs and feelings into words and develop a new and different perspective of ourselves. I've never believed that we could co-exist with the world as our only companion. I've never believed that trusts between friends could be betrayed, and till now, I still hold that faith for most of my friends. I've never believed that friendships, once developed, can be ended. And it shall stay that way.
Love and Disappointment. Do they co-exist or do they not? Somehow love is appended by disappointments, and the latter characterizes the former.
Love is a feeling that is different; it's unique; it's perfect. You will know when it's there, but you can never put it down into words. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. Where the eagles fly, on a mountain high. Love for parents, love for a special individual. With that love, the motivation will push you forward no matter what stands in your way, you will be willing to devote all you have, you will have no reservations in ensuring things happen just for them.
Disappointment - awful - we are normally kind of mad at first, and we'll have to just sit there thinking about it, stealing glances, trying to figure the person out, like you were re-evaluating or looking at him for the first time again, drumming your fingers on your knee and screwing up your face as the lines tighten in disappointment.
I've never figured out his rational for disappointing the love we have in him when I was eighteen, and I still have not perceived it at twenty three. And I am still wondering.
~~~~~
因为爱你,我可以若无其事
It is in individual friendships that we find support and security, negotiate our emotional independence, exchange information, put beliefs and feelings into words and develop a new and different perspective of ourselves. I've never believed that we could co-exist with the world as our only companion. I've never believed that trusts between friends could be betrayed, and till now, I still hold that faith for most of my friends. I've never believed that friendships, once developed, can be ended. And it shall stay that way.
Love and Disappointment. Do they co-exist or do they not? Somehow love is appended by disappointments, and the latter characterizes the former.
Love is a feeling that is different; it's unique; it's perfect. You will know when it's there, but you can never put it down into words. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. Where the eagles fly, on a mountain high. Love for parents, love for a special individual. With that love, the motivation will push you forward no matter what stands in your way, you will be willing to devote all you have, you will have no reservations in ensuring things happen just for them.
Disappointment - awful - we are normally kind of mad at first, and we'll have to just sit there thinking about it, stealing glances, trying to figure the person out, like you were re-evaluating or looking at him for the first time again, drumming your fingers on your knee and screwing up your face as the lines tighten in disappointment.
I've never figured out his rational for disappointing the love we have in him when I was eighteen, and I still have not perceived it at twenty three. And I am still wondering.
~~~~~
因为爱你,我可以若无其事

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home