Oxford Day Out~
Yah, I guess I forgot to mention in my blog, that Jiaying and David were around in London for the New Year =) It had been nice hosting you guys, getting to meet Jiaying again after sooo long, and getting to know your David as well! (nudge, eh colleague -to-be)
We spent the Sunday in Oxford, and sadly, because we don't know anyone who could bring us about the campus, there were many places in Oxford University whereby we could not get access to. But still it was a sunny and enjoyable day, trudging around the serene little town.
A really nice change from a city-styled London. The pace of life was considerably slower, just what I needed in fact.
We spent the Sunday in Oxford, and sadly, because we don't know anyone who could bring us about the campus, there were many places in Oxford University whereby we could not get access to. But still it was a sunny and enjoyable day, trudging around the serene little town.
A really nice change from a city-styled London. The pace of life was considerably slower, just what I needed in fact.
That's one of the university campus buildings in the background, with David, Jiaying and Huimin (left to right) right in front. I tried not to compare that with a dull and rectangulish Imperial building.
Huimin and me atop a bell tower there. The steps leading up to that tower really reminder my of the Sagrada hike in Spain. Long, spiral and narrow. Eeks! Thank god this tower ain't as tall as Sagrada, but it nevertheless brought us high enough to have a pretty scenic view of Oxford.
Evening shot. I am pretty sure Raym will have comments about this picture, but hey! No tripod. We bummed around at Starbucks after, having more or less explorered this little town inside out.
Sent Jiaying and David to the airport, and back to US this morning. As they were queueing for their turn to check it, my mind simply played back the senes of what happened the day before Jiaying first left for US. 2 years just flew past, but I am glad that our friendship holds strong nevertheless. If hosting you for these few days serves as a platform whereby I get to maintain that relationship with JY and David, I will gladly do it again! Name the time =)
Yup, like what I liked to say, Hold Fast!
Sent Jiaying and David to the airport, and back to US this morning. As they were queueing for their turn to check it, my mind simply played back the senes of what happened the day before Jiaying first left for US. 2 years just flew past, but I am glad that our friendship holds strong nevertheless. If hosting you for these few days serves as a platform whereby I get to maintain that relationship with JY and David, I will gladly do it again! Name the time =)
Yup, like what I liked to say, Hold Fast!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home