Farewell 2004
I believe this is the first time I am actuallly dreading the passage of time into the new year.
No, its not because I am growing older, or that I have taken a step closer to ending my career as a student in London.
But rather, because of all that have happened recently, both to the world, and to myself.
Tsunami, earthquake, turmoil, disaster, sufferings, bombings, and yet, the list could go on. All this happpened on the anniversary where the saviour was borne to us. I am still pondering about how this could have happened. Just when joy and celebration was supposed to be felt by all, we are, instead, praying daily that the death toll would just stop rising.
Yes, I am badly affected. YC wished that he could be there as a volunteer. How I wish for that too. However, we are all stuck here, with our attention glued to the TV news, praying day by day for salvation. But at the same time, I am angry. At this point of time where hope would be the best elixar for those in need, Sky is droning on and on about the devastation. Global News are reporting on people's suffering. Is that really what everyone else need?
As for myself, loads of conflicting feelings and interests are overwhelming me as well, and its getting me more and more confused as the day goes on. This ain't a proper place to elaborate, but that also contributed to my attributing fear of the passage into a new year.
Problems without solutions. Trademark of growing up, and I will turn 23 in the new 10 hours or so. The childhood dreams of being Peter Pan can never be realised. The heart knows it, but yet he wishes for it.
2005, please don't come.
No, its not because I am growing older, or that I have taken a step closer to ending my career as a student in London.
But rather, because of all that have happened recently, both to the world, and to myself.
Tsunami, earthquake, turmoil, disaster, sufferings, bombings, and yet, the list could go on. All this happpened on the anniversary where the saviour was borne to us. I am still pondering about how this could have happened. Just when joy and celebration was supposed to be felt by all, we are, instead, praying daily that the death toll would just stop rising.
Yes, I am badly affected. YC wished that he could be there as a volunteer. How I wish for that too. However, we are all stuck here, with our attention glued to the TV news, praying day by day for salvation. But at the same time, I am angry. At this point of time where hope would be the best elixar for those in need, Sky is droning on and on about the devastation. Global News are reporting on people's suffering. Is that really what everyone else need?
As for myself, loads of conflicting feelings and interests are overwhelming me as well, and its getting me more and more confused as the day goes on. This ain't a proper place to elaborate, but that also contributed to my attributing fear of the passage into a new year.
Problems without solutions. Trademark of growing up, and I will turn 23 in the new 10 hours or so. The childhood dreams of being Peter Pan can never be realised. The heart knows it, but yet he wishes for it.
2005, please don't come.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home