Thursday, October 14, 2004

OSC Elections

2 hours of lessons. Then its the Oversea Students Committee Ordinary General Meeting. For those who dunno yet, I am standing as a committee member of the executive committee, and the results should be out next wednesday.

Oh right, in case you were wondering, I am standing for the position of Secretary again ;)

I realised that what I said to the members of the OSC really reflects what I hope to achieve in London. Since I am studying overseas, I really want to meet international friends and learn more about living, studying and perhaps even working with them. Till now, I have more or less been sticking to the Singaporeans. Its not really because I do not wish to play an active role in getting to know them better, but I realised that there is this comfort zone that all of us would simply want to reside in. And here, that comfort zone materialise in the form of a vibrant Singapore Society.

Perhaps that was what I really joined the Overseas Students Committee. Being engaged in participating and managing overseas societies should prove to be my motivation and incentive in getting to know my overseas counterparts better. The events organised does not matter. The kind of hard work put in does not matter as well. What really matters would be that 10 years down the road, I could still make an overseas phone call to my friends from perhaps France, and ask about their lives, their work, their children.

Well, time will tell. This simply sounds a trifle far fetched at the moment ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home