Monday, March 08, 2004

The Art of Wok

Went for Malaysian night 2004 : The Art of Wok. In my opinion, the performance was a lot better than last year's, even though the plot this year was much more tedious and longwinded. In short, I enjoyed it very much. But it was through this performance that actually spurred a couple of thoughts within me.

Foremost, I actually learnt a lot more about 2 of my malay friends through this performance. To Shaiful and Firdas, you guys are real talented! From singing to dancing to Silat (Malaysian Martial Arts), and even Chinese Wushu, there's almost nothing that this pair couldn't do.

(Warning, I might get emotional here =P) Right... another major stage performance in March, and this of course brings back fond memories of my own Theatre Performance that I dedicated 5 years of my life to.

黄城夜韵 (Huang2 Cheng2 Ye4 Yun4) will take place in a weeks time, and this is going to be the second year running whereby I will not be present. I could still remember how I felt on the last day of 2002's performace, where Mr Su invited me on stage to talk to the cast and crew. I could remember myself stuttering through what I wanted to say, and am trying to form words that convey my feelings. I just could not. Its not a feeling that anyway could express.

I could also remember the sense of loss once I left Victoria Theatre that day...

Back to reality... Maybe I shall participate in Mnite next year, just to rekindle my love for stage performances... unless ICSS happens to organised something similar for major event. * Hint hint to those potential 22nd exco members... *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home