As the day draws nigh
I really have no idea where all the time went to. It seems like ages before that we started our preparations for the major event... it seemed like ages before that we took over as committee members... it all seemed like the fun and joy might not end. But somehow, it is drawing to a close. Its a 5 day countdown to Flaggellah, and a month's countdown to AGM, and stepping down.
Ben have always said (last year) that he was real eager to step down after a year of service with the Singapore Society. Be it hard work, stressful periods or conflicts faced, I have to say that I, contradictoringly (is there such a term?) am quite reluctant to relinquish my duty. Am I power hungry? Perhaps not. Its just a crasy obsession I suppose, just as I am obsessed about my ECAs back in Hwachong.
I am digressing. Have started wondering how life might be after I stepped down and after the exams are over. Summer last year was filled with Exco meetings, UK bound preparations and Sojourn recces and tryouts. What about this summer? Ponders. What summer? *sigh*
Is this just a despondent lamenting due to boredom at this time, or am I really unsure?
Feeling the blues now...
I really have no idea where all the time went to. It seems like ages before that we started our preparations for the major event... it seemed like ages before that we took over as committee members... it all seemed like the fun and joy might not end. But somehow, it is drawing to a close. Its a 5 day countdown to Flaggellah, and a month's countdown to AGM, and stepping down.
Ben have always said (last year) that he was real eager to step down after a year of service with the Singapore Society. Be it hard work, stressful periods or conflicts faced, I have to say that I, contradictoringly (is there such a term?) am quite reluctant to relinquish my duty. Am I power hungry? Perhaps not. Its just a crasy obsession I suppose, just as I am obsessed about my ECAs back in Hwachong.
I am digressing. Have started wondering how life might be after I stepped down and after the exams are over. Summer last year was filled with Exco meetings, UK bound preparations and Sojourn recces and tryouts. What about this summer? Ponders. What summer? *sigh*
Is this just a despondent lamenting due to boredom at this time, or am I really unsure?
Feeling the blues now...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home